Thursday, March 13, 2014

Thank you, Lexington Spellbinders...

...for welcoming my grandkids request for a storytelling Festival for special needs kids which they laid on me as their longtime favorite storyteller.

Both grandchildren, ages 11 and 13, have a genetic rare blood disorder causing childhood blindness. The boy has been getting laser surgery since age 4.  Now they are both undergoing chemo and bone marrow transplant at Children's Hospital in Cincinnati.
They have been learning first hand about all kinds of children who have life-threatening problems. They both sat in on my storytelling at Cassidy Elementary for 5+ years, and were my audience to practice my latest new folk fairy tale.
"Kids with Special Needs need to hear you stories, Poppy.".
Together, we decided a Festival of storytelling was the best way to reach many kids.
They have agreed to be the President adn Vice President of my Youth Advisory Group.

Yesterday, Wednesday, March 12, Lexington Spelllbiders were enthusiastic about supporting this venture. We shall move forward.  Stay tuned. We have read Carolyn Franzini's :10 tips for a Storytelling Show, and are assembling a Festival Steering Committee for a festival this summer in Lexington. .
Call me (859) 293-5302 cell, or email paschalthestoryteller@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment